Thursday, August 23, 2012

Just a little "bat"ty today

Some people probably think I am batty for having so many children, but really I am not compared to this:
Yes, you are looking at these right, this is a real live bat. This bat came to visit us for a moment today in the arms of my loving husband. I wasn't sure I was really seeing this. I have never seen a bat this close before let alone realized that they lived in my area. I always thought it was too cold here for them.....I guess I was wrong. Gabe said that he found this little one in some of the machinary that they have for work. Gabe might be the mighty hunter when it comes to certain animals, but he does have a tender heart for making sure that he doesn't kill things needlessly. After showing this to the kids (and I got a few pictures), this little bat was on his way to a new home somewhere away from the big machinary. I hope he does well. One of the children asked before Gabe left if this was a blood sucking bat, and it is not......it eats mosquitos....so I really hope it does well and eats all the mosquitoes around my house!!!