Sunday, September 9, 2012

Antelope Hunting 2012

This year Gabe decided that he wanted to try something different....and now I think that he is hooked. He bought himself a bow a year or so ago and has been having fun just practicing with it. Last year his friend took his antelope with a bow, so I think this year he decided he was going to have a go at it too.  How did he do?

Gabe is awesome! He took this little lady down with one arrow and was so proud of himself. He actually didn't want anyone to really know about it, only because he went out the morning of Mariah's birthday/baptism day. He wanted that to be her day, not his in the glory of taking his first animal with a bow. He is going to try and get an elk tomorrow by bow with a good friend of ours. I really wish him luck....more because elk season starts in Nov and that is when our baby is due. If he can get one tomorrow, then I don't have to worry that he will miss our baby's birth.
Now this post marks the first in our series of hunting exploits but most of them this year will feature Gabe and Amanda. As I am pregnant I have chosen only to hunt antelope this year and nothing else. Antelope season for me (as I don't bow hunt) doesn't start until later this month. Deer and elk season would be impossible for me to do as they are too close to my due date for comfort.

No comments: