So let me set the stage. I have a seperate laundry room in my house. And since I am the mean mom and make my kids fold their own laundry, I have a ton of baskets. Each of the 5 older children (for those that have forgotten it would be: Amanda, Wyatt, Bethany, Mariah and Jacob) have their own basket. As I am folding laundry, if I come across anything that is their I put it, unfolded, into their basket. As part of their chores they are to fold and put away their laundry. Now as fate would have it, on the day that this happened, we had just had a mass putting away of laundry and so everyones baskets were empty. The kids also have a basket in their rooms to put dirty laundry. I also have 2 baskets that I put downstairs in the kitchen and bathrooms for the dirty stuff and 2 that I use for holding laundry until it is taken care of that stay in the laundry room.....so if you are keeping track that is 9 baskets.
So on Wednesday (the 19th) I was doing some work on the computer and James was playing in the laundry room with the baskets. I remember seeing him take the pink and purple ones (they usually do downstairs) out of the laundry room. I thought to myself, that he was just going to take those back downstairs. He really likes to have things in the place where he thinks they should be. The next thing I know we are getting ready to leave for somewhere (I don't even remember) and we needed his crocs.....see the previous post for the story about those. So up to his room we go to get them and when I walk in this is what I see:
He had taken every basket from my laundry room and even found an empty one somewhere else and taken them to his room. I am not sure what he was thinking, or what possessed him to do this, but he did. I was shocked and glad that it wasn't something more than just moving the baskets around. No harm, no foul right? I guess I am going to have to get better at watching what he does, as I didn't realize that he had all the baskets, I thought he only had the pink and purple ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment