Sunday, September 9, 2012

Birthday and Baptism

Man, how these things sneak up on you sometimes. I was telling Gabe around the first part of August that Mariah's birthday was coming up (Sept 1) and that she was going to be 8. For her this is a special birthday as it means that she is able to be baptized. I suggested to Gabe that maybe we should start planning for that as it was coming up fast.....he said, don't worry we have plenty of time. Her birthday actually fell on a Saturday this year, perfect for holding a baptism and also perfect for her to be able to remember the day she was baptized as it would be her actual 8th birthday. The Sunday evening before her birthday, Gabe and I realized that we needed to get on the ball if we were going to get this done on Saturday as there are many people to call, an interview with our bishop for Mariah, the arrangments to make sure the church is open.......(you get the idea). Thankfully things just seems to fall into place and work out that the building was free, we got the interview taken care of, but I think that I fell short in calling those who should/could have come to the service. But regardless we were able to have Mariah baptized on her birthday and what better gift could she have gotten? We are so proud of her to have chosen this option and the things that it leads her to know and how she seems to have grown so much. After the baptism we had a BBQ for those that wanted to come share it with us. We had a lot of fun and many thanks to those who helped with the food.
I can't believe that she is 8 already! She is an amazing little girl.

No comments: