Shoes seem to be something that I must not have gotten the good genes on. I own 5 types of shoes.....my tennis shoes, church shoes, sandels, a pair of loafer type shoes and my hunting boots. I know and have heard of women who say that they have a closet full of shoes and still don't have something to wear....Really?? For me shoes are necessary. I can't go outside without having shoes on or I hurt my feet. Although I do love to walk around on grass barefoot. I am not one of those people who can walk on any surface barefooted, if you know what I mean. James is a boy after my own heart. He also has very few shoes to choose from, but I will tell you he has his favorite pair. And when I say favorite, I mean he doesn't take these things off willingly. This little man sleeps with these shoes on.

We were given this pair of shoes by his Aunt Heather. She said take them and I thought well this will be fun because I could already tell that they wouldn't stay on his feet for very long....I mean think about it 2 years old and they aren't able to be tied so therefore they will come off. But James has surprised me in many ways. The first is that he can actually put these on himself. That is a bonus at this point, as I can't even bend down to put my own shoes on, how am I supposed to be able to help him? Then since he can put them on himself, for some reason he has grown really attached to them. He won't go anywhere without his crocs. He has to wear them to church and all over the house. I tried the other day to put his tennis shoes on.....he threw a fit because he wanted his crocs. I am mildly surprised that they are on the right feet in this picture as generally (since he puts them on himself) they are not. He has always had a thing for shoes....putting any pair on that he can get his hands on, but since these came into his life, that has all but stopped. I am not sure what I am going to do when he goes out of these, or they wear out......and I am probably not doing him any good by letting him wear them to bed, but he loves them and for right now I don't see how having his favorite pair of shoes with him could hurt.
1 comment:
I have to wear shoes everyone, including in my house because my feet hurt too bad without the support. But I do own more than 5 pairs. I think you are a bit of an oddball there, Julie. ; )
Post a Comment