No, I am not talking about toilet paper. This past spring Gabe and Bethany had an unique experience and one that I don't think that Beth will forget soon. As part of her 4th grade social studies lessons, Bethany learned alot about the plains Indians and how they shaped our states history. So as an extension to the classroom learning the school takes the kids out and lets them do some hands on learning, they host a 4th grade Rendezvous. They have several community members who come in and talk to the kids about shooting bows and arrows, throwing tomahawks, trading in the mountain man way......the list is too numerous. So this year they asked for some fathers to volunteer for tepee duty. They came to the school and learned how to set up the tepee. Then they, along with their child, took the tepees down to the Rendezvous site and set them up again and spent the night before the 4th graders came. So Beth and Gabe got to stay the night in an authentic Native American tepee. Since I wasn't there, I had to rely on Gabe's pictures, but I would say they had fun.





The first two pictures Gabe took, I took the rest. I wasn't able to be there that night. I had to take Bethany a new jacket as hers got wet, so I was able to go and snatch a few pictures. What an amazingly fun experience that she was able to have.
No comments:
Post a Comment