Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wyatt

Here is Wyatt's top ten things for the year.
1. His 7th Birthday. Wow--that just reminds me that he is ever closer to being baptized next year.
2. Independence Rock---for him it was the boy thing of being able to climb to the top and explore and check things out for once.
3. Lost his first 2 teeth.....granted it was by force (the dentist pulled them) but it was needed as his teeth weren't coming in like they were supposed to. But now they are in the right place.
4. Beach concert. This spring they had a beach concert for his music program and he had a speaking part.
5. Amanda's first Piano recital---he thought it was fun to go and watch and it really got him excited about starting piano too. (Hey, Mom I need to tell you again thanks for the piano).
6. Baseball---he really enjoys playing, but when asked about next season he is reluctant to say if he is playing, I think it is because he is moving from T-ball to the pitching machine.
7. Memorial Day---I think it is more that we got to see Grandma Castro than visiting the cemetary, but I could be wrong.
8. Jacob sharing a bed....this is one that he only knows because we took some pictures of it. I am not even sure why Jacob was in his bed. We just went to check on the boys before we went to bed one night and there they were both in the same bed sound asleep. I just hope that friendship continues for a long time.
9. His bicycle accident. While in Lander for our camping trip, he was riding one of Grandpa Lyle's bikes and had a major accident. Really messed up his nose and was bleeding ALOT. I was ready to take him to the emergency room thinking that he had a broken nose. I will be thankful here for worthy priesthood holders in my family and for the blessing that they gave him when his dad couldn't be there.
10. Little 4-wheelers. Our neighbors got a couple of mini 4-wheelers that are perfect for the littles to ride. Wyatt loves to ride on those, and given the opportunity would ride them the whole day. His buddy, Eli, and him will take turns riding them and have the best time. This makes me thankful for good neighbors and friends who aren't afraid of sharing the fun.

I am thankful for Wyatt and his wonderful spirit that he brings to our home. He is an awesome big brother, and will take good care of the girls. I have seen him take Bethany by the hand and help her at school---I really hope that this love for his brother and sisters continues and he isn't afraid of showing it to others. He is a great help to me and I hope that he learns to love to play the piano as much as I do---he is getting really good.

No comments: