Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Goodbye Day

Today was an interesting day. One that I don't think any have experienced, I know that I haven't. Mariah was enrolled in the Headstart Preschool program this last year and yesterday was her last day of school. But today they had a Goodbye Day for the kids. Instead of giving the kids there papers and things that were saved throughout the year yesterday, they saved them for today. We were able to go into the school today and collect Mariah's papers and her portfolio of things that had been saved. We also said our final goodbyes to the teachers who had made a huge impact on Mariah this last year. Of course this won't be the last time we see them......we have a date for next May to register Jacob. The teachers have fallen in love with him and are anxious to see him come when he is old enough. So for now, I have 3 in school and 3 at home on summer "vacation". But it won't be long now before I have all of them home for the summer and then look out world, cuz it is going to be fun and interesting. I am still in the planning stages of what and how often they are going to be doing things and such to keep them busy and hear less of the "Mom, I'm bored" statements. AND to try and keep the arguing and crying to a minimum.

1 comment:

Jason and Gina said...

Give them chores!! That's always what mom did for us. Take them to the park, swimming, the library. Good luck!