Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day fantasy

Okay so what mother doesn't have the fantasy of waking up on Mother's Day to breakfast in bed, served by the children and a doting spouse, and then to have the day continue with her doing nothing at all but what pleases her while the children and the spouse do everything else? Well that isn't the way that my Mother's Day has gone, but it has been a wonderful day. I have so much to be thankful for in being a mother myself, and a wonderful mother who raised me as well as numerous other mother figures too. I would like to salute any and all mothers who might be reading this for their fortitude and perserverence when times are hard. For their examples to those around them and for the support that they may have given to me in the past (or that which might come). My Mother's Day has been one of semi-lesisure, but not all. I recieved some wonderful gifts (see my previous post) and heard some inspiring words at church today. Most of all I would like to take this time to thank my own mother for everything that she has done and continues to do to help me and my family. Hugs for all the mothers in my life and I would hope that your day has been great. Maybe one day I can live my fantasy Mother's Day, but for now, a mother's work is never done.

No comments: