Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Anniversary---14yrs!

So our anniversary is coming up tomorrow, and since tomorrow will be occupied with other endevors (ie the trip to Casper), I will post about it today. Tomorrow marks the 14th year that Gabe and I have been married. Now this doesn't mean that we have been together for that long. Actually we have been a couple for 17 years in November. So in honor of my dear husband I thought that I would list 14 things that I admire the most about him. (These really aren't in any order other than the order that I thought of them.)
1. Hardworking. He works harder than anyone that I know regardless of the job. Sometimes I felt like a slacker when we were putting in our yard and I had to take a break...and he just kept right on working.
2. Thoughtful. He is always saying something nice and notices when something is done (when previously is wasn't).
3. Generous. He would give you the shirt off his back, all you would have to do is ask.
4. Helpful. I wonder where the energy comes from, but he is always the first to help out without asking, just ask Lance and Kelli. One Saturday he tells me that he is going to talk to Lance and the next thing that I know, he is out there helping build a corn garden for them.
5. Easygoing.
6. Never complains about my cooking. I have gotten in a rut lately and he doesn't complain, he just eats what is given and then finishes what the kids don't eat too.
7. Good cook. When I can get him to help out in the kitchen he always comes up with a creation that is pretty tastey. I like to have him help me when it comes time to use up leftovers, cuz he always can make it new and exciting.
8. Jack of all trades. He knows how to do so much around the house that we can save a bit of money....on the plumbing problems and stuff---he just has to get the materials and away we go.
9. Forgiving. He never holds a grudge as far as I can tell. He has a lot that he could be angry about but isn't.
10. Honest. Enough said.
11. Fearless. He isn't afraid of anything (at least not that I have found yet). Sometimes he teases me because I am afraid of killing spiders in our house, but he does it without complaint. He even chases the mice that he finds in the barn (yuck).
12. Plays with the children. He is really good with the children and they love to go with dad. When dad comes home, I don't exist, so that gives me a bit of a break.
13. He isn't prone to fit in (like I try to do sometimes). He really doesn't care what others think about him, he just is true to his self.
14. And last but not least I love him for putting up with me for these years. I know that I probably haven't been the easiest person to get along with--I have a few quirks that I even have a hard time living with (and they are my quirks). He has pushed me and challenged me to become a better person and for that I am truly grateful.
So here's to a Happy Anniversary for us. We are going to be able to get away for a bit. Unfortunately it won't be without ANY children, but it will be with just one. We are going to Casper for a check up for Bethany. We are again meeting with the doctor from Denver to check on her growth and such. I think that we will do something fun after Bethany's visit, but that is our main reason for going. So I will post more on that when we get back.

2 comments:

Jason and Gina said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow! Hard to believe that you have been married for 14 years! Congrats! Hope Bethy's appointment goes well. Let us know.

Kelli said...

Congrats on the 14 years! And I agree with all of his good traits as we have benefited from all of them. Sorry about the corn incident... and all other similar incidences!! Now I would like to see his the 14 things he loves about you!!!