Today I really have felt like I was SuperMom, flying to events at the speed of light and swoping in the be the hero of the day. It was a really busy day for our family. I had it all planned out and then there seemed to be a monkey wrench thrown in there. So here was our day. Mariah is registered for kindergarten next year and our district does a kindergarten round-up with the kids before the end of the year. What they do is bring in all the new students and their parents and let them meet their teachers and see a few of their classmates to get them a little more excited for next year. The teachers plan a little activity for them and the parents get to talk to the principal about expectations and the curriculum. This round-up was to go from 10:30 until 11:15 and then I had a lunch date at Mariah's school with her teachers at noon. I knew that I could make both of those, but then Amanda threw a monkey wrench in there. She told me last night that she had band festival here (this I knew because of notes home and such from the band teacher) what was new to me was the fact that it was open to the public AND that she was playing at 11:30. I told her last night that I didn't think that I would be able to make it and I was really sorry. But then this morning after consulting with the calvary that came to help me succeed as a super mom today, I decided that yes I really could make it and see her play. So with the help of the calvary (aka Grandma Sherry) I began my reign as SuperMom. I took Mariah and left Jacob and Katherine with Grandma and we went to the round-up. Then after that was over, we flew up to the middle school (Mariah in tow) and attended Amanda's "concert". Then I flew home (late because the concert was later than it was supposed to be) and dropped off Mariah with Grandma. Racing as fast as I could without getting a ticket, I got to the luncheon slightly late, but with no problems. The lunch was wonderful and I enjoyed the adult time that I don't always get. Then I came home thinking that I would relax, but instead continued to run. As the kids got up, we decided that we would suprise Wyatt and Bethany and pick them up from school (with Grandma of course). While we did that we also ran a few errands that I needed to do and showed Grandma where she needed to be tomorrow too. That is the other half of the story. Grandma didn't come just to rescue me, she also has a concert on Sunday at the college. She just couldn't resist the lure of the grandchildren and came early (also she knew that she wouldn't have much time with them because of her rehersal times). So we are glad that she came and was able to help me be a SuperMom today and attend everyone's events that had one.
On a side note, while we were at Amanda's concert, Mariah turns to me and tells me that she wants to be a conductor when she grows up. They had asked the audience to be a quiet as possible because they were recording it for the groups. So Mariah was really quiet---But she did "conduct" right along with the band instructor. She did wonderful today. That being said, I am pooped and I am ready to call it a night.
Nails Done
6 months ago
1 comment:
Good job super mom! Did Mariah like round up?
Post a Comment