
(This is the actual picture and note that they posted on the bullentin board outside the office at the school)
I know that I have posted before about Wyatt and making a star at school, but he never ceases to amaze me. The other day I went in to the school for Bethany and while I was there I had several teachers approach me about Wyatt and what he had done that day. They all told me that he had been helping the janitor at recess to pick up cigarette butts and clean the playground. The cute part about all of this is that after they were done, the janitor asked Wyatt to go in and wash his hands (who wouldn't tell you to do that after picking up trash), but he thought that he was in trouble and started crying. Not sure exactly why, but after talking to him, he just thought that they said it in a mean way and he thought that he would get into trouble. Instead he was nominated for being a star at school. The nice part for me, was not that Wyatt is a star at school (although that is nice) but the janitor told me that I was doing a good job with my kids. The reason that was nice for me was because on that particular day, I was having a tough time understanding why I was doing what I was doing for my family, and this reaffirmed that I was doing what the Lord wants me to do. Great job Wyatt.
Also on a side note, Wyatt is being a great big brother. Last night we went to Walmart (I was alone and had all the children with me). While we were there, Jacob had to go potty (why does it always happen that way---you make them go before you leave and they STILL have to go when you get to the store) and so Wyatt volunteered to take him. So off they went. After picking out the item that I needed I went to meet him at the bathroom, so that we could continue our shopping. Unfortunately they weren't at the bathroom that I went to---our Walmart has 2 sets one in the front of the store and one by the back. So I went to the other one and he wasn't there either. Then while I was wondering what to do, there was a page for Wyatt's Mom to come to the photo center. I knew that it was me. I am thankful that he did the right thing. He couldn't find me, but stayed with Jacob and found someone that could help him to find me. Super job and way to be the great big brother.
Today we also got some great news. Mariah is going to be able to go to the same school as Bethany and Wyatt. It is scary for me to think that next year I will have 3 little people in the same school---Wyatt in 3rd grade, Bethany in 1st and then Mariah in kindergarten. For those that don't know about our school district we have 3 elementary schools that are K-3, then a school for the 4th and 5th graders, then the middle school and high school (that is why I will have 3 in the same school). But the added bonus is that Mariah will have the same teacher that Amanda, Wyatt AND Bethany have had. She must have requested Mariah or something, but we are glad that she is going to teach another one of our kiddos. (She either likes our family or is the only teacher that wants to put up with us.) It is going to be really weird next year having just 2 of my little people home for the WHOLE day. What am I going to do with myself?
No comments:
Post a Comment