Monday, April 6, 2009

Oh Deer!

So we FINALLY got the deer back from the taxidermist. I can't believe how long it takes, but I guess it was worth it for Gabe. He was so giddy about having it home. He was pretty excited to have his trophy deer at home.....he isn't even going to hang it up yet, he has to take it to work tomorrow to show the guys. But he did hold it up in several different locations to see how it would look. I took a picture of him and all the kids, because they were all excited about it, but Katherine. For some reason she wasn't thrilled about the deer. She wouldn't touch it, wouldn't go near it, and as you can see by the picture really didn't want to look at it either. I also included a picture of the mighty hunter for reference.....we were comparing it and it really doesn't look like the same deer, but the taxidermist did a really nice job nevertheless. Now the talk around here is to add to the "collection". In the attempts to find the Perfect spot on the wall, the talk was "Well, if I hang it here then I can put another one there and there and over there" or "I could hang it here and then the bull elk could go up over there"----like the next mounts were already coming and just being mounted too. Well, for the record, I don't mind the mounts as long as we can have the meat that goes with it.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jason and Gina said...

Well, I think that you are really nice for letting him hang it up somewhere other than the garage! It is a nice looking mount though, so I can't blame him for being excited.

Tiffany Wacaser said...

Ditto what Gina said. I don't know, deer heads just don't seem to scream family decor to me. Hunting lodge decor, yes, but not family dwelling.