Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break 2009




Well, this past week has been what one would consider Spring Break from an undesirable place. When most of us think spring break we think sun, fun and going places. This year, we haven't gone many places at all. As a matter of fact, we stayed home most of the week. Unfortunately for us, the weather and the kids' health were factors in that. We have had a few more snow storms and rain too. As for the kids 5 of the 6 were coughing and had runny noses so we didn't go anywhere until that cleared up. Fortunately that happened in enough time go to Cody to be with Gina and her family for the celebration on Megan's first birthday. She did a wonderful job on her posts there, so check out her blog and see some great pics. So we were able to get away for a few days to see the family. I also took the kids to story time at the library. Usually they don't do the story time during school breaks like this, but this year they did. It was a treat for me, because I had all of the children there and got some pictures of the older ones helping sing the alligator song. (5 little monkeys swinging in the tree......).


Other highlights for the week: they got to have a slumber party in Grandma Sherry's living room, the birth of the new calf "Hershey", Easter egg hunting at Grandma's and coloring Easter eggs too. All in all the week was a good one. I am glad that the kids start back to school as I was running out of ideas to keep them busy inside because of them being sick. But now everyone is healthy and ready for school tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sharron said...

What fun that must of been to have a slumber party at Grandma's, and to color eggs, looks like fun.

The Holder's said...

Sounds like you had a great Spring Break. I love getting the kids together to color eggs. My girls look forward to simple traditions like this. I hope they don't ourgrow it to soon.