So the other day I get a call from the school. I don't know why, but everytime I pick up the phone and see a number from the school district I cringe....this was no exception. The only problem is that I have 5 children in the public schools and they don't label the schools' numbers as which building it is coming from, so maybe that is why I dread it. This time it was Jacob's school. It was actually my sister-in-law, who is their school nurse. She told me that Jacob had an accident on the playground....(holding my breath because the last playground accident resulted in a broken arm)....and he has cut his eye and might need stitches. Another cringe. Since I had children napping, I called Gabe and discovered that I would have to wake the children as he was pouring concrete and couldn't get away. The whole time I was waking up kids and getting them ready and in the car and the trip to the school to get Jacob, I was planning. IF he really needed stitches I would have to take him, and I couldn't take him with the other kids in tow....so I would go get Amanda out of school and she would trade me cars and take kids home to babysit while I took Jacob to the doctor to get his eye fixed. So I picked him up and took him to where Gabe was so that we could decide if we needed to take him in or not. We decided that it wouldn't be possible for the doctor to do any better than what his eye was doing on it's own. As the cut was actually on his eye lid....not near his eye like I had thought. So we left it. He had a black eye for a few days, we put neosporin on it to keep the germs at bay, and watched it heal.....very nicely as a matter of fact. Yes, he will have a scar, but I think it would have been worse if we had taken him in. His nickname is now Bruiser....
Nails Done
9 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment