Friday, November 2, 2012

Waiting......

Waiting is so hard to do. We wait for busses, appointments, dates, birthdays and Christmas.....all sorts of things, but this waiting for a baby is hard work. Why?? For starters we know that these other things we wait for have an exact date.....Christmas always comes on Dec 25th. The hard part for a baby is that there is not really a set date/time (unless you are having a C-section) for this to happen. Yes, you do have a due date, but that isn't any guarantee that baby will be there on that date. Sometimes doctor's call it an Estimated due date.....estimated, meaning that they don't know exactly when it will happen either. I have a due date of Nov 7th....that date is fast approaching, but we still don't know if baby will come early or late. So we are waiting........
Now the other hard part is that we aren't the only ones who are waiting for this baby. We have friends and family that want to see and meet this baby just as much as we do. I have people who will tell me that the 2nd is a good date to have a baby.....well is there every a BAD day to have a baby? I would love for the baby to come today. Why? Well, for one, I am done waiting....but also because today is my Grandfather's 90th birthday. How cool would that be to tell this baby that they were born on their Great-grandfather's 90th birthday? But then again there is the 4th (coming very fast) which is Gabe's birthday. How cool would that be to share a birthday with your dad? Heaven forbid, but Katherine's birthday is coming up too (the 13th)....but, not so cool to share a birthday with your sibling. That one is a little harder than sharing with dad, grandpa or say a cousin.
So to say the least, we are still WAITING......and will continue to do so until the baby decides the s/he is ready to join the family. I know I won't be pregnant forever......but it sure feels like it. And, yes, you will know when the baby comes as we will shout it from the roof tops and publish it as we are excited to welcome this new little person to our home.

1 comment:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

I thought your due date was in October. Hang in there, my darling. Waiting for a baby never does get easier, does it?